Nashua Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Helping Victims of Injuries Caused by Negligent Property Owners Financially Recover
If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries in a slip and fall accident or trip and fall accident, contact a slip and fall accident attorney right away. At Gottesman & Hollis, P.A., our New Hampshire slip and fall accident attorneys understand how devastating a serious injury can be.
Many people who are hurt in slip and fall accidents are unable to return to work, causing their families to suffer extreme financial hardship. In addition to the financial troubles associated with serious injuries, slip and fall accidents can cause victims to experience significant pain and suffering. Our lawyers pursue all available forms of compensation for our clients’ injuries.
We represent victims of slip and fall accidents in Nashua, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas in personal injury lawsuits and premises liability lawsuits. We offer free and confidential consultations to all potential clients. To discuss your case with a slip and fall accident lawyer serving Nashua, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas, call (603) 889-5959 today.
Premises Liability Law
All property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors, customers, and guests. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident while on the property of another, you may have a cause of action against the person or company responsible for maintaining the property.
To be legally responsible (or “liable”) for a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, one of the following must be true:
- The owner of the property or an employee must have caused a spill, or other slippery or dangerous surface or item to be underfoot;
- The owner of the property or an employee must have known about a dangerous condition or surface bud done nothing about it; or
- The owner of the property or an employee should have known about a dangerous condition or surface because a reasonable person taking care of the property would have discovered the condition or surface and removed or repaired it.
It can be difficult to establish that someone should be held liable for the injuries you suffered as a result of a slip and fall accident. In most slip and fall accident cases, expert witnesses are required to testify about certain issues. Most property owners have property insurance, and property insurance company lawyers will fight hard to defeat your case.
These are some of the many reasons why it is critical to hire an experienced premises liability lawyer if you have been involved in an slip and fall accident.
Damages in a Slip and Fall Accident Lawsuit
At Gottesman & Hollis, P.A., we help our clients develop a plan for the future. Sometimes, this involves filing a lawsuit. For many slip and fall accident victims, filing a lawsuit is the only way to secure the funds necessary to adequately treat their injuries.
If you prevail in your slip and fall accident lawsuit, you may be entitled to recover money damages that take into account:
- The cost of past and future medical care, including physical therapy and occupational therapy;
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish you endured as a result of the slip and fall accident;
- Wages you couldn’t earn as a result of the injuries you sustained in the slip and fall accident;
- The amount by which your earning capacity has been reduced due to your injuries; and
- Loss of overall life quality, including time spent away from your family and friends.
An experienced slip and fall lawyer can explain how the New Hampshire legal system serves victims of slip and fall accidents.
Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Serving Nashua, New Hampshire
In many personal injury cases, victims are unaware of their rights and may not pursue the compensation they deserve. If you have sustained an injury that was caused by the negligence of a property owner, you may benefit from consulting an attorney. Your attorney can advise you of your opportunities for recovery and can give you the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family.
You can learn about our recent successes in personal injury cases, including slip and fall accident cases, here.