Product Liability Lawyers in Nashua, New Hampshire
At Gottesman & Hollis, P.A., we understand the devastating impact that defective products can have on New Hampshire families. Far too often, innocent consumers are seriously injured by dangerous products that were negligently designed, manufactured, or marketed. New Hampshire consumers who are injured by dangerous products have a cause of action against the companies responsible for their injuries and other losses.
If you or a loved one was hurt by a defective product of any kind, our experienced New Hampshire products liability lawyers may be able to help. We represent consumers in Nashua, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas in products liability lawsuits against negligent manufacturers and other careless companies.
To speak with a products liability lawyer about your case, call (603) 889-5959 today.
Receiving Compensation for Your Injuries
If you were injured by a defective product, a products liability attorney can help you determine whether you are entitled to money damages for your injuries and other losses. The term “damages” refers to a sum of money awarded to an injured person by a court of law. By filing a products liability lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages that take into account:
- The cost of past and future medical treatment;
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish;
- Lost wages due to missed work following your accident;
- Reduced earning capacity due to temporary or permanent disability;
- Loss of overall life enjoyment; and
- Damage to your personal property.
For many victims of defective product accidents, filing a lawsuit is the only way to recover the expenses associated with their injuries. Thankfully, the New Hampshire courts provides victims of dangerous product accidents with a path to justice.
There are three ways in which a product can be deemed “defective” under the law.
- DESIGN DEFECT. A product suffers from a defective design where it is unreasonably dangerous to consumers even if it is manufactured according to intended specifications. Design defects occur before a product is manufactured and/or assembled, and typically all of the products in the line are defective. For example, a children’s clothing manufacturer that fails to use flame retardant fabric in a line of children’s pajamas can be held liable for any injuries that occur as a result of the design defect.
- MANUFACTURING DEFECT. A manufacturing defect occurs when an error takes place during the assembly or production of a product. Typically, manufacturing defects take place at the factory where the product is made. Sometimes, only a few products in the line are defective. For example, a producer of cell phones may be liable for a factory worker’s error that causes some cell phones to explode while charging.
- MARKETING DEFECT. A marketing defect occurs when a product does not come with adequate warnings or instructions about proper use. If a consumer is injured as a result, the company that sold the product can be held liable in a court of law. Also known as an “advertising defect” or “failure to warn,” marketing defects are often associated with prescription drugs. For example, a pharmaceutical company that fails to disclose serious known side effects of a medication can be liable to consumers who suffer those side effects.
A New Hampshire products liability lawyer can help you better understand what legal claims you might have against the company or companies responsible for your injuries. Any company involved with the “chain of distribution” (including retailers) can be sued for damages over a defective product.
Types of Dangerous Product Cases
- Medical Device Defects
- Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Recalls
- Child Car Seats
- Recalled Products
- Food Poisoning
- Toxic Exposure
We represent clients who have been hurt by dangerous products of all kinds.
Defective Products Lawyers in Nashua, New Hampshire
At Gottesman & Hollis, P.A., we are dedicated to providing our New Hampshire clients with aggressive legal representation that yields results. If you would like to speak to a defective products lawyer serving Nashua, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas, call (603) 889-5959. We offer all potential clients a free and confidential consultation.