At Gottesman & Hollis, P.A., we understand how devastating a workplace accident can be. Many people who are hurt on the job are unable to return to work, causing their families to suffer extreme financial hardship.
In addition to the financial difficulties associated with workplace accidents, many workplace injuries require long-term medical treatment.
If you were hurt on the job in Nashua, New Hampshire or the surrounding areas, contact us to discuss your rights. We represent workers in personal injury lawsuits against those responsible for their injuries.
To speak with a New Hampshire workplace accident lawyer, call (603) 889-5959 today. We offer all potential clients a free and confidential consultation.
We represent injured employees in Nashua, New Hampshire and the surrounding areas in workplace accident lawsuits.
Workplace Accident Law
If you were injured on the job, your employer may have told you that the only compensation to which you are entitled will come from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. While this is true in some cases, there are many exceptions to this general rule.
You may be able to sue your employer or another party outside of workers’ compensation insurance in the following scenarios:
- You were injured by a defective product while on the job;
- You were exposed to a toxic substance while on the job;
- You were injured because of intentional or egregious conduct by your employer or another employee;
- You were injured at a time when your employer did not carry adequate workers’ compensation insurance; or
- You were injured by a third party while on the job.
This list is not exclusive, and there are many other situations where you may be entitled to receive money damages.
If you were involved in a workplace accident of any kind, contact an experienced New Hampshire workplace accident lawyer to discuss your rights.
Money Damages in a Workplace Accident Lawsuit
Many employees don’t know where to turn after a workplace accident. Obtaining a fair settlement from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company can be nearly impossible. Workers’ compensation insurance companies often try to avoid paying injured employees’ claims.
Sometimes, it is necessary to file a lawsuit in order to obtain adequate compensation for your injuries. By filing a workplace accident lawsuit against your employer or another responsible party, you may be entitled to receive money damages that take into account:
- The cost of medical treatment you required after your workplace accident;
- The cost of medical treatment you will require in the future as a result of your injuries;
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish you endured as a result of your injuries;
- Lost wages as a result of your inability to work after your workplace accident;
- Reduced earning capacity because of temporary or permanent disability; and
- Loss of overall life quality, including time spent away from your family and friends.
A workplace accident lawyer can explain how the New Hampshire courts serve victims of workplace accidents.
Negotiating a Workers’ Compensation Settlement
You should never sign a workers’ compensation insurance settlement agreement before speaking with a lawyer. By accepting a workers’ compensation insurance settlement, you may give up or waive certain rights.
A workplace accident lawyer can evaluate a settlement offer to determine whether it is fair. Hiring a workplace accident lawyer is the best way to protect yourself in negotiations with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company.
Workplace Accident Attorneys in Nashua, New Hampshire
To speak with a trusted workplace accident lawyer in Nashua, New Hampshire, call Gottesman & Hollis, P.A. today. We work with injured workers and their families to develop a plan for the future.
For a free and confidential consultation with a workplace injury attorney serving Nashua, New Hampshire, call (603) 889-5959.