Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys in Nashua, New Hampshire
The lawyers at Gottesman & Hollis, P.A. are experienced motorcycle accident injury attorneys. Most motorcycle accidents are intersection crashes involving traffic violations by careless and inattentive drivers.
Motorcycle accidents are often devastating, life-altering events, and dealing with the aftermath can be overwhelming.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, our qualified injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. For a free and confidential consultation about your motorcycle accident, call us anytime at (603) 889-5959 or shoot us an email using our online form.
Motorcycle accidents almost always result in injuries to the rider. These may include traumatic brain injury, bone fractures, scars, back and neck strains, burns, internal injuries, and disc injuries. Some motorcycle accident victims struggle with lifelong health issues such as paralysis, insomnia, memory loss, and post traumatic stress disorder.
Unfortunately, many insurance companies try to avoid compensating motorcycle accident victims for the costs associated with their injuries. It then becomes necessary for victims to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer who will fight for fair compensation on their behalf.
Many people are overwhelmed by the prospect of filing a lawsuit. Our lawyers are dedicated to providing individualized attention to their clients, and will keep you informed of the progress they make in your case.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action brought by the victim of an accident. Personal injury lawsuits are filed in civil court, and allow accident victims to obtain money damages for their injuries and other losses (such as property damage). Personal injury lawsuits typically include a claim or claims for negligence.
What is Negligence?
Under the law, negligence is defined as the failure of a person to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. In other words, if a person acts carelessly and causes an accident, he or she may be required to pay for the accident and any injuries that occurred.
Most motorcycle accident lawsuits include a claim for negligence. Your lawyer will work to prove that the other driver acted negligently and should therefore be required to pay you money damages for your injuries and the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle.
What Damages Are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The term damages refers to a sum of money awarded to an accident victim by a court. There are many different types of damages available to motorcycle accident victims. Your lawyer can help you determine whether you may be entitled to the following types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses. The other driver might be required to pay for the costs of your past and future medical care including emergency treatment, visits to doctors, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering. If you endured extreme pain and emotional suffering after a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover money to compensate you for your physiological and psychological injuries.
- Lost wages. If you missed work after a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover the amount of money you would have been paid in that time.
- Diminished earning capacity. If your injuries significantly reduced your ability to earn money, you may be able to recover money to compensate you for the wages you will lose over time.
- Property damage. If your motorcycle or other property was damaged in your accident, the other driver might be required to pay to replace it.
- Loss of consortium. In a fatal motorcycle personal injury case, family members of the deceased can file a claim for non-economic damages like emotional distress, loss of companionship, loss of care, and more.
- Wrongful death. If you lost your loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover compensation for loss of future income, medical expenses, and various non-monetary damages.
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney will fight for your right to be justly compensated for your injuries and other losses.
Minimizing or Preventing Motorcycle Injury
Most motorcycle accident injuries are caused by negligent drivers who make illegal turns, exceed the speed limit, or drive recklessly in bad weather. To minimize or prevent the risk of serious injury or death in a motorcycle accident, take these steps:
- Always check your bike before riding. Making sure you have enough air in your tires and gas in your tank can reduce the risk of an accident while riding.
- Always wear a helmet. You can greatly reduce the chance of traumatic brain injury by keeping your head protected at all times.
- Wear protective clothing. Motorcycle riding gear is easy to find and can reduce the severity of lacerations or burns to your body in the event of an accident.
- Ride defensively. Many motorists fail to account for motorcyclists on the road. Riding defensively can help you avoid an accident should a driver make a dangerous lane change or drive into your path.
- Buy adequate insurance. If you are in a motorcycle accident, the minimum liability insurance coverage may not cover the cost of your injuries. If you ride a motorcycle, you must purchase ample insurance coverage from a reputable insurance agent.
Enjoy the beautiful New Hampshire weather and scenery while riding your motorcycle, but please remember to be safe! It only takes one careless move for a motorcycle accident to occur.
Serving New Hampshire since 1978
If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, contact our office today to discuss your rights. We offer years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases and are dedicated to providing zealous legal representation that yields results. For a free and confidential consultation about your New Hampshire motorcycle accident case, call Gottesman & Hollis, P.A. at (603) 889-5959.