The lawyers at Gottesman & Hollis, P.A. represent those who suffer personal injuries in New Hampshire motorcycle accidents. Most motorcycle accidents are intersection crashes involving traffic violations by careless and inattentive drivers. Motorcycle accidents are often devastating, life-altering events, and dealing with the aftermath can be overwhelming. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, our experienced lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. For a free and confidential consultation about your motorcycle accident, call (603) 889-5959 today.
Motorcycle accidents almost always result in injuries to the rider. These may include traumatic brain injury, bone fractures, scars, back and neck strains, burns, internal injuries, and disc injuries. Some motorcycle accident victims struggle with lifelong health issues such as paralysis, insomnia, memory loss, and post traumatic stress disorder. Unfortunately, many insurance companies try to avoid compensating motorcycle accident victims for the costs associated with their injuries. It then becomes necessary for victims to hire a lawyer who will fight for fair compensation on their behalf.
Many people are overwhelmed by the prospect of filing a lawsuit. Our lawyers are dedicated to providing individualized attention to their clients, and will keep you informed of the progress they make in your case.
Get a Case Evaluation
Educate Yourself with Our FREE New Hampshire Auto Accident Guide
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action brought by the victim of an accident. Personal injury lawsuits are filed in civil court, and allow accident victims to obtain money damages for their injuries and other losses (such as property damage). Personal injury lawsuits typically include a claim or claims for negligence.
What is Negligence?
Under the law, negligence is defined as the failure of a person to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. In other words, if a person acts carelessly and causes an accident, he or she may be required to pay for the accident and any injuries that occurred.
Most motorcycle accident lawsuits include a claim for negligence. Your lawyer will work to prove that the other driver acted negligently and should therefore be required to pay you money damages for your injuries and the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle.
What Damages Are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
The term damages refers to a sum of money awarded to an accident victim by a court. There are many different types of damages available to motorcycle accident victims. Your lawyer can help you determine whether you may be entitled to the following types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses. The other driver might be required to pay for the costs of your past and future medical care including emergency treatment, visits to doctors, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering. If you endured extreme pain and emotional suffering after a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover money to compensate you for your physiological and psychological injuries.
- Lost wages. If you missed work after a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover the amount of money you would have been paid in that time.
- Diminished earning capacity. If your injuries significantly reduced your ability to earn money, you may be able to recover money to compensate you for the wages you will lose over time.
- Property damage. If your motorcycle or other property was damaged in your accident, the other driver might be required to pay to replace it.
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney will fight for your right to be justly compensated for your injuries and other losses.
Serving New Hampshire since 1978
If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, contact our office today to discuss your rights. We offer years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases and are dedicated to providing zealous legal representation that yields results. For a free and confidential consultation about your New Hampshire motorcycle accident case, call Gottesman & Hollis, P.A. at (603) 889-5959.