How to Get Your Accident Report from the NH State Police

nh state police accident reports Have you been in a New Hampshire car accident? If so, it’s important to request a copy of your traffic accident report.

This vital document contains your crash information that will help you get the most compensation for your losses.

How to Request a Copy of Your New Hampshire Traffic Accident Report

According to the official New Hampshire Department of Safety DMV website, you may obtain a copy of your accident report in-person or through U.S. mail. You can call the NH DMV ahead of time at (603) 227-4040 or email to predetermine the cost of your report.

Getting Your Report In-Person

To get your report in-person, bring a completed Request for Motor Vehicle Records form to the NH Dept. of Safety:

NH Dept. of Safety
DMV – FR / Accidents
23 Hazen Drive
Concord NH 03305
Get Directions

The front desk is open Monday through Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. Don’t forget to bring a valid government-issued ID and a method of payment. A crash report costs $1.00 per page with a $5.00 minimum.

Getting Your Report via U.S. Mail

If you choose to obtain your report via U.S. mail, you must mail in your completed Request for Motor Vehicle Records form in a self-addressed stamped envelope to the NH Dept. of Safety:

NH Dept. of Safety
DMV – FR / Accidents
23 Hazen Drive
Concord NH 03305

Make sure to include a check in the amount of $5.00, in addition to your preferred contact method (phone number and / or email address). The New Hampshire Dept. of Safety will contact you if your report costs more than the $5.00 minimum.

Other Important Information

  • Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
  • The NH Dept. of Safety may take a few days to review your request.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5