Disclaimer: Every person’s case is unique and the results are dependent upon the specific factual and legal circumstances of the case and the extent of the injuries. No expectation of specific results are to be drawn from these examples of our past work. The results of many of our larger cases are confidential.
- Six figure settlement for 50 year old man who was riding a bicycle down a gradual hill wearing neon clothing and helmet, when an oncoming car turned left in front of him, causing the bike to crash into the turning car. The Plaintiff flew into the air and landed on the roadway. The man suffered blunt head trauma with a mild to moderate concussion, blunt trauma to the face, blunt trauma to the upper back with 7 rib fractures, a pneumothorax of the chest on the right side, a pulmonary contusion, multiple abrasions and contusions to the left thorax, left shoulder, left leg, left clavicle and upper back, transverse spinous process fractures of the lumbar spine, a scapular body fracture, and a left shoulder strain. The bicyclist spent 5 days in the hospital, then 6 weeks being tended to by his family, and many months before he could get back to work as a Senior Project Manager for a construction firm.
- Seven figure settlement for an 81 year old woman who was broad-sided by an 88 year old male driver who ran a red light on Main Street in Nashua, NH. He denied any liability, but three witnesses said he was at fault. Our client suffered a zygomatic fracture, left orbital rupture with vitreous and retinal hemorrhage, blindness in both eyes, collapsed lungs, soft tissue hematoma overlying the right orbit and left parietotemporal convexity, bilateral comminuted, mildly depressed nasal bone fractures involving bilateral frontal processes of maxilla, comminuted fracture of the nasal septum and nasal spine, fracture – subluxation of T2, fracture – subluxation of T3, fracture of C7 vertebral body, laminectomy of T1 with decompression, intracerebral bleed, significant facial injuries requiring suturing, progressive facial edema, focal narrowing of the proximal left vertebral artery, mild stenosis of the right proximal cervical internal carotid artery, loss of 7 left upper teeth, numbness in left cheek, dropping left eye requiring surgery, asystolic arrest, upper lip laceration.
- Seven figure recovery for a 51 year old businessman, was traveling southerly on Route 28, the Wolfeboro Highway, in Alton, New Hampshire, to go to a meeting in Boston related to his business. As he followed a school bus with children on it, a car coming from the other direction driven by a 78 year old woman in distress, struck the bus near its left rear wheel, bounced off the bus and came flying through the air landing right on top of the our client’s car , crushing the car and destroying it. Our client suffered a left acetabular fracture, a right distal comminuted radius fracture and styloid process fracture, and a right tri-malleolar fracture, left orbital francture, and a concussion. Workers Compensation benefits were also available to the client.
- Settlement for policy limits for a 48 year old computer software troubleshooter who fell at a car dealership when the salesperson led her on an overland route through rocks and ice chunks, causing her to fall and injure her knee and right shoulder.
- Settlement for a 33 year old woman traveling south on road to Lowell, MA, when a car emerged from a nursing home parking lot without looking, striking the claimant broadside and causing a herniated disk at C6-C7 and other spinal complications.
- Settlement for a 37 year old marketing manager who was driving on the highway when the defendant failed to stop in time for traffic that had come to a stop while he was going 70 mph, causing a shoulder strain that persisted and causing subacromial bursitis.
- Settlement for a woman who was traveling on the exit ramp from Route I-93 North, when the defendant failed to stop in time, causing serious neck and back strain and sprain.
- Settlement of a claim on behalf of a deceased 13 year old girl who was allowed to operate a used snowmobile in violation of the state safety statutes requiring supervision of operation by a minor, causing her to drive into the roadway and be struck by an oncoming car.
- Settlement for a fall at a local supermarket when the department manager forgot to remove a concrete curbing from the entry area near where the carts were kept. 56 year old woman never saw the curbing on her way to the trash basket and fell, causing a right shoulder dislocation, resulting in frozen shoulder syndrome, leading to subacromial decompression and rotator cuff repair.
- Settlement for a 46 year old developmentally disabled woman when the stair climber seat in which she was placed fell over backwards when a bolt failed, cause this profoundly dependent woman to fall over backwards down the entire stairway, causing her to suffer a broken left hip, broken left femur, and to become dependent on pain medication to survive.
- Settlement for almost retired husband and wife when they struck by a plow truck when they were walking across a street in Manchester, NH. The truck driver was distracted by a music video camera shoot that was taking place at that time, with the impact causing the husband to suffer an occipital skull fracture, left basilar skull fracture, right frontal suarachnoid hemorrhage, post concussion syndrome, loss of smell and taste, hearing loss, peripheral vision, causing personality changes and headaches. Wife suffered laceration to right elbow requiring sutures.
- Recovery for a driver who was struck from behind by a driver who was not paying attention, causing severe aggravation of pre-existing neck and back injuries.
- Settlement for policy limits for young man who was struck while operating his motorcycle when the defendant made a left turn right in front of him, causing multiple metacarpal fractures, radius and ulnar fractures, injuries to his left wrist and hand requiring surgery, closed head injuries and extreme road rash.
- Settlement in Massachusetts case when our client, a mortgage broker, was making a legal U-Turn on Route 28 in Andover, when the car behind her never saw her stopped and waiting and rammed her at 40 mph, causing closed head injury, post-concussion syndrome, neck strain and headaches.
- 33 year old male firefighter hit head on by a drug using teen, causing ligament and cartilage to his knee, resulting in recovery of all of underlying policy and all of underinsured coverage.
- 55 year old man riding a motorcycle hit head-on by an elderly man who did not yield to oncoming traffic, causing severe left leg injury and lacerations and permanent injuries, yielded a recovery of the full policy limits of liability coverage.
- 35 year old woman tourist from New York suffered a series of spinal injuries while pregnant, when hit by one of two cars road racing in Holderness, NH. Multiple plaintiffs split the liability policy and then recovery was made of a significant amount under her underinsured coverage with her own insurance company.
- Settlement of personal injury claim and workers compensation claim for a 45 year old man who suffered severe scalp laceration and closed head injury, post traumatic brain syndrome, persistent headaches, sleep disorder and depression from T-bone collision with woman who ran stop sign and he was driving his car while on job.
- Settlement for a 68 year old business consultant who was rear ended by a young driver, causing aggravation of pre-existing, asymptomatic arthritic condition, weakness in arm, back and neck pain.
- Recovery for a 33 year old computer science teacher who was struck in rear causing whiplash, cervical disk bulge, and right upper arm weakness.
- Settlement for 44 year old director of nursing home who suffered neck and back pain from being struck by another vehicle.
- Settlement for 37 year old surveyor in training who was struck while riding a bicycle by a car driven by elderly woman who failed to see her, resulting in fractured pelvis, wrist fractures, fractured skull, broken teeth, severe lacerations and loss of enjoyment of life. Maximum insurance recovery made plus additional sums paid by the individual driver from her personal assets.
- Jury verdict in Hillsborough County Superior Court for 60 year old auto mechanic who was rear-ended by inattentive driver, causing vertigo, aggravation of pre-existing, asymptomatic degenerative disk disease, low back pain and post concussion syndrome.
- Settlement for 33 year old fireman who was hit head on by a 16 year old boy who tested positive for marijuana, causing right knee injury resulting in arthroscopic surgery.
- Settlement for 28 year old woman whose car was struck by inattentive driver who ran red light, causing back pain, left knee patellar tendinitis, left arm and shoulder injury, and concussion.
- Settlement for woman who was out trick or treating with her daughter, when a car came too close to her and struck her in the arm, knocking her to the ground, causing arm and shoulder injury, severe bruising to breast, head and chest injury, headaches and concussion.
- Settlement for policy limits for 18 year old construction worker whose car was struck by a car that ran a red light, causing him to suffer broken left ribs, pneumothorax, back pain, lacerated liver, and body aches.
- Settlement for 38 year old saleswoman, whose vehicle was struck by a vehicle on the off-ramp from I-93, and suffered L3-L4 disk protrusion resulting in nerve impingement, neck and back pain.
- Settlement for 47 year old woman who fell in a divot in cement steps causing fractured right elbow.
- Settlement for 57 year old woman who stepped off curb at mall and fell in a pothole, causing severely twisted and sprained ankle.
- Settlement for 21 year old woman who was stopped at a stop sign was struck by a car that swerved into her when another car entered an intersection improperly and caused a chain reaction accident, causing neck, leg, and back pain.
- Recovered for a 60 year old woman who was rear-ended by a speeding car. Though the offending car left the scene of the accident, its license plate imprint was embedded in our client's bumper. The offending vehicle was later found by the police.
- Recovered for a 60 year old woman who was hit by another driver while sitting at a stop sign. Our client experienced neck injuries as a result of the accident.
- Recovered for a 45 year old factory worker who was involved in an automobile accident when another driver made a U-turn without looking and hit our client, who was going the other way. As a result of the accident, our client experienced eye trauma, Lumbar Compression fracture, and neck pain.
- Recovered a settlement for a 26 year old woman who was involved in a car accident when another driver lost control of his vehicle coming around an icy corner after a snowstorm. Our client suffered neck, head, and abdominal pain as a result of the accident.
- Recovery for a client, a 54 year old teacher, who was riding a bike alongside a friend when he was leveled by an angry dog. Our client lost consciousness and was resuscitated at the scene after a pneumothorax resulting in head injury, back injury, muscle spasm, and cervical sprain. After months of treatment, he was able to return to his activities as a bicyclist and marathon runner.
- Recovery in arbitration for a 48 year old product manager who was involved in a motor vehicle accident. His own insurance company refused to offer any compensation over the minimal policy he recovered from the primary defendant in the accident. Through our efforts in arbitration, our client ultimately recovered from underinsured coverage available from his insurance company.
- Recovery for a 26 year old school teacher who was rear-ended by a drunk driver who had fallen asleep at the wheel. The school teacher experienced severe back, head, shoulder, left knee and left hand pain as a result of the accident.
- Recovery for a 43 year old man who was under suspicion of committing a crime. The police officer crashed his vehicle while he was pre-occupied with looking at the suspect's cell phone, and the suspect suffered a broken hand superimposed on a pre-existing congenital condition while he was being transported to the police station.
- Recovery for a 39 year old special education teacher who suffered whiplash and headaches after she was rear-ended at a traffic light.
- 47 year old woman suffered severe head trauma from a head-on collision when the driver of a cable company truck hit her while he was tossing a cigarette out his window. As a result of the accident, the woman experienced brain injury, cognitive problems, post-concussion syndrome, vertigo, back and neck pain, shoulder injury, left labyrinthine concussion, high frequency hearing loss, double vision, traumatic stress disorder, and aggravation of pre-existing migraine condition.
- 45 year old man was killed when a drunk driver hit him on a city street, accelerated her vehicle, and then left the scene, not knowing that she hit someone. After the driver pleaded guilty to vehicular assault, the case was settled before trial at mediation.
- Recovery before trial for a 69 year old retired woman who slipped on icy surface on an island in front of a car wash, when she walked over the spot to put the code in the entry panel. She suffered a rotator cuff tear, and needed surgery and physical therapy.
- Recovery for a 40 year old sales representative who suffered bilateral rib pain, head contusion, and lower back pain when a driver T-boned her at a traffic light on Route 101A, Amherst, NH.
- Settlement prior to suit for a 41 year old supervisor of a health insurance company when the defendant pulled in front of her causing a head-on collision, resulting in lumbar thoracic pain and the need for physical therapy.
- Recovery for a 20 year old clerical worker who was a passenger in a vehicle, and broke her wrist when the defendant ran through an intersection.
- Recovery for a 32 year old Nanny, who suffered neck and back injuries, who was rear ended when she slowed for traffic. The Defendant claimed that he couldn't stop, and should not be held responsible.
- Recovery for a 39 year old man that was struck by his father-in-law's truck that was backing the truck toward the garage, and hit the gas instead of the brakes. He suffered severe chronic myofascial pain syndrome, shoulder impingement, thoracic and lumbar injuries.
- Settlement for a 69 year old man who slipped and fell when leaving the office where he worked, suffering a severe torn rotator cuff, requiring surgery. He was using the rear exit that should have been shoveled, even though the landlord said that it was not his duty. We showed that it was, and that the landlord owed a duty to have all walkways cleared.
- Settlement after suit for a 62 year old woman visits a car dealership, and steps into one of a series of ruts in the parking lot previously used by the service department to test for squeaks and rattles. She suffered a complex tear of her medial meniscus requiring knee surgery.
- Settlement for a 20 year old man who was the operator of a snowmobile on a back woods trail, and was struck head-on by another snowmobile that had crossed over into our client's path of travel. Claim was originally denied, but then the insurance company paid the policy limits to compensate our client for a severely fractured right leg.
- Settlement for a 52 year old woman who was leaving her job at a Wal-Mart and was struck by a car leaving the parking lot in a hurry, causing her to suffer a broken nose, chipped teeth, and general body contusions and abrasions.
- Settlement for a 40 year old woman driver and her 15 year old daughter who were crossing traffic after being waved through by a driver to their left. Another driver passed the car waving her on and struck our client's car broadside resulting in cervical strain, closed head injury, blurred vision and headaches.
- Settlement for a 46 year old woman who was traveling on the highway when the traffic began to slow down. The car in back did not notice this as the driver was searching for a tissue under the seat. This resulted in neck pain, mid back pain, left lateral hip pain, knee pain and headaches.
- Settlement for an 18 year old who was leaving a high school parking lot when the other driver came out of another cross road on her side of the road and hit her head-on. This caused neck, shoulder and chronic back pain.
- Settlement for a married couple, 53 year old man and 40 year old woman who were traveling on a country road when a man who had just completed a hike decided to pull a U-turn in front of them, sending them into the air. He suffered fractures to the 5th, 6th, and 7th ribs, neck and lower back soreness, and she suffered a closed head injury, and multiple bruises and abrasions.
- Settlement for a driver and two passengers who were struck in the rear by an individual who was distracted by the scenery while going over a bridge. The 50 year old man suffered severe right neck muscle strain, and bulging disc at C6-7 and a herniated disc at L-3. The 46 year old nurse suffered severe muscular strain, headache and back pain. The 51 year old passenger suffered neck injuries resulting in a two leverl corpectomy and lon anterior cervical fusion.
- Settlement for a 19 year old young man, who was injured in an automobile crash when he was 12, when his mother thought she saw a deer, tried to avoid it, and struck a tree. Insurance company had refused to pay enough to settle the case for the serious facial lacerations and scars which resulted until the day of jury selection.
- Settlement for a 53 year old man who was attacked by a vicious looking German Shephard that was allowed to slip out of his collar and escape the yard. He suffered lacerations and puncture wounds to his arms and legs. Insurance company refused to pay until suit was filed and Court mediation occurred.
- Settlement for a 41 year old woman who had a prior back injury and then was struck in the back by a driver who claimed to have been only going a few miles per hour, but the damage to the vehicles and investigation proved the defendant at fault.
- Settlement for an 18 month old child who needed 5 stitches in his head. He was at a Pizza restaurant with his parents when a worker, who was servicing one of the pinball machines, somehow dropped the very heavy door to the coin compartment onto the child's head.
- Settlement for a 68 year old man for three broken ribs, who was waiting to make a left hand turn across a busy intersection, proceeded, and then was struck in the driver's door by an 18 year old male who did not have his lights on after dusk, and was traveling too fast.
- Large settlement for a 19 year old young man who was a passenger in a car driven by his best friend and another friend in another car driving in front of them, that were involved in a chain reaction type accident. He suffered a broken elbow, required physical therapy, and several corrective operative procedures.
- 40 year old woman struck by negligent driver who claimed that the woman was in his blind spot. Actually what happened was that the person pulled out without looking and our client had no place to go. She suffered neck and back injuries which aggravated her preexisting back injury and made a significant recovery.
- 41 year old man driving a pickup truck is struck head on by a woman who lost control of her vehicle which she said occurred as a result of a diabetic attack. Our client, who had a severe preexisting herniated disc which had resolved without surgery, was caused to suffer intractable back pain resulting in the need for drug therapy and eventually surgery on L4-5. Recovery was made from the defendant and the underinsured carrier for our client.
- 39 year old husband with 32 year old wife on the back of a Harley which was caused to crash when the other driver made a u-turn on the South Daniel Webster Highway without seeing them. The husband suffered a detached biceps tendon of the right arm and the wife suffered a severely bruised knee, which now needs a cartilage transplant. Husband was assigned a 2% whole person impairment after surgery, and the wife was assigned an 8 % whole person impairment before the surgery. They were able to recover a settlement which satisfied them.
- 18 year old pre-school teacher who was in a crash with a person that turned right in front of her, leaving her no place to go. She suffered Head and neck pain, chipped and fractured teeth, shoulder pain, a disc bulge and was assessed with a 15% whole person permanent impairment. Although the other driver claimed no wrongdoing, the case eventually settled shortly before trial for a significant sum.
- 37 year old mason struck by a hit and run driver who was later arrested for DWI and driving after suspension. Client suffered neck strain, shoulder pain, headaches, and low back pain. After realizing that this matter would not look so good in front of a jury, the defendant's insurance company paid a fair settlement.
- 72 year old man with a weak back is hit from behind when the other driver fails to stop in time. After physical therapy, chiropractic treatment, rest, and two unrelated knee operations, the matter was eventually settled for a proper amount.
Large settlement for a 46 year old construction worker suffered serious back injury when a subcontractor on the job who was cutting holes for venting failed to cover the holes according to codes. His back injury includes an aggravation of a pre-existing degenerative disc disease and degenerative spondylolisthesis at L5-S1. The plaintiff underwent anterior lumbar disc incision and fusion of L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1 on June 14, 1999.
- Large settlement for 39 year old woman who suffered paralysis of the lower body when a poorly constructed railing over a stairway gave way, causing her to fall from the second floor to the first floor, fracturing her spine upon impact. Several policies were found on various theories, and all available coverages were paid.
- Award for 58 year old floral designer struck by an unlicensed driver who fled the scene of the accident who suffered non-displaced fracture in her left thigh causing temporary physical impairment.
- Award for 47 year old truck service mechanic who was rear-ended by a driver who was distracted and slammed into claimant, causing re-aggravation of a prior cervical strain, and disc herniation, causing permanent impairment, headaches, left arm pain, and should pain.
- Large award for young man, who was 15 at time of injury, when a friend threw a wooden dowel at him as he ascended a tree, striking him in the eye causing a retinal detachment, causing a 14% whole person impairment as a result of the visual defect and likelihood of future medical treatment.
- Verdict in Hillsborough South Superior Court for 54 year old man who had a car accident when was given the wrong blood pressure medication by a pharmacy. This lead to significant medical treatment, invasive procedures, emotional distress, over a period of only 5 days, only to find out that his reaction was directly related to the improper filling of his prescription.
- Significant verdict in Hillsborough South Superior Court for 51 year old man who was totally disabled at the time of the accident as a result of a 1995 back injury. He was further injured when a City truck t-boned his truck at an intersection. Although shaken, the claimant left the scene on his own, and then later developed debilitating headaches, which are a result of the aggravation of his underlying cervical spondylitic condition, producing irritation of the C5 and C6 nerve roots, and causing occipital nerve compression, which two doctors felt were permanent in nature.
- Settlement for a 27 year old woman who was struck while stopped at a stop light by a 75 year old man who claimed that his view was obstructed by the setting sun. She suffered neck pain and headaches and recovered.
- Settlement for available policy limits for 58 year old man who was struck by a 74 year old nursing home resident, and suffered lacerations of the left hip and knee, 8 broken ribs, torn ACL, head lacerations, scarring, and severe memory loss from closed head injuries.
- Settlement for 31 year old prison guard who was caused to collide with a chain link fence in order to avoid a collision, when the other driver made a left hand turn in front of him. Plaintiff suffered right shoulder contusion and significant pain.
Settlement for 22 year old man who suffered back pain, right knee pain and a laceration to his nose when another driver failed to yield the right of way at a stop sign controlling an intersection.
- Settlement for a 61 year old machinist whose vehicle was struck by an oncoming car which tried to make a left hand turn in front of him. This resulted in a rotator cuff tear, and an 11% whole person permanent partial impairment, and neck and back pain.
- Settlement for a 27 year old claims adjuster who suffered a disc bulge at L5-S1 when the Defendant, who was uninsured, was distracted by a child in the car, and was cited for crossing the yellow line and for violating the child safety restraint law.
- Verdict in Hillsborough South Superior Court for 36 year old business owner (and consortium for his wife) who was given the wrong synthroid dosage to treat his hypothyroidism by a chain pharmacy store. He was given 25mcg instead of .25 mg, which is roughly 1/10 the dosage prescribed. He was sick for about 6 months and then recovered after the mistake was discovered.
- Settlement for a 13 year old girl who was bitten by an unleashed dog while on a city sidewalk, causing scarring. The dog was owned by a visitor to the owner in an apartment complex.
- Settlement for a 46 year old businessman, with a history of prior back problems, who was struck while the driver behind him was coming to a stop behind a line of traffic at a light. He suffered back and neck problems, and received his treatment with the same chiropractor he had previously seen.
- Settlement for a 37 year old man who was given wrong synthroid medication for hypothyroidism by the pharmacy, and suffered for about 3 months from the ill effects, but with no permanency.
- Settlement for a 27 year old factory worker, who was struck by a vehicle which proceeded into an intersection and failed to yield the right of way. She suffered low back pain, posterior neck pain with radiation to various muscles, causing spasms, headaches, and also suffered a mild disc bulge at C5-C6. The policy limits were obtained, but an overage award from the underinsured carrier.
- Settlement for a 32 year old man who was struck at an intersection when other driver ran a stop sign, causing a non-displaced fracture of the right patella.
- Settled slip and fall, snow and ice claim by tenant against landlord.
- Large personal injury settlement for a 42 year old injured geotechnical engineer who was severely burned by Fuming Nitric Acid which was being removed from his company by another company that specialized in chemical removal. Case involved OSHA violations for manner in which the removal took place. We were also able to reduce the Workers Compensation lien held by the Workers Compensation Insurer.
- Personal Injury award for a 32 year old woman who was smashed in the rear of her vehicle at a high rate of speed resulting in neck and shoulder pain with weakness in her left arm, torn trapezius muscle and blurred vision.
Personal Injury award for a 24 year old woman who was struck head-on by a drunk driver, resulting in cuts on face, glass and metal in eye, neck and back pain.
- Personal Injury award for a 26 year old production supervisor who was struck when the defendant's vehicle failed to yield the right of way at a busy intersection, resulting in a concussion, severe headaches, and hospital treatment.
Personal Injury award for a 35 year old salesman who suffered severe 2nd degree burns on his left foot when the defendant's employee spilled hot water from a coffee urn he was testing on the salesman.
- Personal Injury award for a 1 year old child who suffered a broken left arm when the personnel at the day care center did not properly supervise the children on the playground equipment.
- Personal Injury award for a 29 year old pregnant woman who was struck in the rear of her vehicle at 33 weeks of pregnancy. She suffered pain, cramping, and hospitalization, and had to be closely monitored for the duration of the pregnancy.
- Personal Injury award for a 45 year old woman who was rear ended by another vehicle resulting in neck and back pain as well as bulging discs. Although this person had prior neck problems, it was established that this collision aggravated the pre-existing condition.
- Personal Injury award for a 19 year old young man who was struck in the eye with a stick thrown at him as he was climbing a tree, causing severe eye trauma, requiring surgery, and further treatment.
- Personal Injury award for a 33 year old woman who was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of her when stopped in traffic, resulting in neck and back pain and migraine headaches.
- Successful settlement for woman thrown from hayride resulting in herniated disk while attending town sanctioned festival.
- Slip and fall recovery for elderly woman who broke her hip in parking lot of strip mall after slipping on "black ice".
Verdict in the Hillsborough County Superior Court for an 8-year-old severely bitten in the face by a neighbor's dog.
Settlement for truck driver who suffered severe elbow and shoulder injuries from truck colliding with his tractor-trailor.
Settlement for a 20-year-old who suffered knee injuries following a motor vehicle accident.
- Settlement for the estate of a 42-year-old man who died of a brain aneurysm. The Plaintiff filed a claim on his accidental death policy which had been denied by the insurance company which claimed that the death was the result of natural causes and not an accident.
- Settlement (award includes loss of consortium and neck injury to husband) woman in MVA with laceration to lower lip, knee and leg injuries.
- Settlement for woman scarred on face by gasoline released from broken pump hose.
- Arbitration order for young woman driver rear-ended while waiting for light to change. Severe headaches, neck and back pain.
- Settlement for a young woman who, while in passenger seat, hit windshield when driver of vehicle was negligent resulting in laceration and scar over eyes. Policy limits.
- Settlement for back injury claim for woman whose car ran into other car which tried to "make it" across intersection.
Settlement for neck and shoulder injuries in car accident when a 36-year-old woman suffered a rear-end impact from a driver who failed to stop.
- Settlement for a 38-year-old patron who suffered a broken ankle when being evicted from a nightclub.
Settlement for a 53-year-old motorcycle driver who was cut off at an intersection by a driver who did not see him coming, which resulted in neck, back and carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms.
- Settlement for a 48-year-old woman who was injured when her car was rear-ended at low speed by another vehicle, resulting in carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms.
- Settlement for 56-year-old man who suffered discomfort to his back when driver failed to stop behind client.
Structured Settlement for 8-year-old child injured on playground merry-go-round maintained by municipality, resulting in large Y-shaped scar to her upper thigh.
- Structured Settlement for 7-year-old child who was in the front seat of a van and suffered serious facial cuts and scarring as a result of the negligence of an oncoming driver.
- Settlement for a 14-year-old who was a passenger in a car that negligently entered an intersection and struck a parked car forcing the client into the windshield causing facial scarring.
- Settlement in Hillsborough South, after suit and before trial, for 50-year-old man whose car was struck by an oncoming car that crossed the center line totaling his car. He suffered chest, neck wrist, knee, back, and rib injuries. The defendant denied coverage, as did the uninsured/underinsured carrier, but a satisfactory resolution was finally concluded.
- Settlement in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, after suit and before trial, for a 42 year old computer engineer who was struck from the rear by another driver causing back pain, disc protrusion of C5-6, with resulting significant ongoing headaches. Defendant denied extent of injuries, but case ended up settling before trial for policy limits.
- Settlement in Hillsborough South, after suit and before trial, for a 40 year old electronics salesman who was operating a motorcycle while having the right of way when a new driver, 16 years of age, decided to make a left hand turn across his path of travel. He was ejected from the motorcycle and suffered broken nose, and lacerations to the face needing sutures and leaving facial scars. Defendants denied liability and extent of damages, but later settled.
- Settlement before suit for a 46 year old man who drove trucks, who was standing over his motorcycle in a parking lot, waiting for traffic to pass, so he could park his motorcycle. Defendant came out of the store and got into her car and backed out over him, crushing the motorcycle and his ankle. He was out of work for six months and had significant lost wages and medical bills. The case was resolved by private mediation for an agreed amount.
- Settlement for a 46 year old locksmith who was walking to his car in front of his store when a 16 year old new driver took a turn to the right, entering a road, and never saw the man because of the snow banks that were in place. The locksmith suffered a complicated fracture to the left wrist that deprived him of his trade for a period of six months. The case was settled before suit was filed.
- Settlement for a mother, age 33, and her two children, ages 2 and 6, who were struck broadside when another driver, age 71, ran a stop sign. The mother had debilitating headaches and neck pain radiating to her shoulders, and the children suffered abdominal pain, iliac crest bruising and misalignment. The only treatment was chiropractic, which was considered reasonable and appropriate.
- Settlement on a “settlement day” put on by insurance carrier, after suit filed, for a 41-year-old software engineer who was struck broadside by another vehicle leaving a convenience store and never saw our client. He had very high chiropractic bills, and was criticized for that, but also saw orthopedic surgeon who confirmed the findings of disc bulging at C4-5, C6-7, and T2-3. He suffered greatly from the cervical, thoracic, spine, and headache pain from the injury.
- Settlement for estate of man with COPD who died when given Fentanyl for pain in hospital.
- Medical malpractice recovery for failed plastic surgery to woman who had lost weight to remove excess skin flap from waist resulting in fever, infection flap necrosis, requiring additional surgeries and extensive wound care.
Insurance Coverage Cases
- Settlement for a general contractor against its general liability insurance carriers for defective construction performed by contractor's subcontractors.
- Settlement plus partial attorney's fees recovery for a general contractor against its general liability insurance carriers for defective construction performed by contractor's subcontractors.
- Settlement for a general contractor against its general liability insurance carrier for defective construction performed by contractor's subcontractors.
- Settlement of uninsured motorist coverage disputes resulting in client satisfaction.
- Settlement of accidental death insurance policy resulting in award to client.
- Judgment for individual for breach of contract and consumer fraud regarding bailment of coins to a coin gallery.
- Negotiated settlement by site work subcontractor against general contractor for changed conditions.
Defendant's verdict after trial for general contractor in claim of sub-subcontractor resulting from unpaid invoices of supplier.
- Defendant's verdict after trial for general contractor in claim of sub-subcontractor against general and general's bond resulting from unpaid invoices of supplier.
- Negotiated settlement of multimillion dollar claim by subcontractor against general contractor for wrongful termination, fraud, and breach of contract for payment of subcontractor's limited attorney's fees.
- Defendant's award in arbitration decision before American Arbitration Association for condominium homeowners association in claim brought by unit owner attempting to declare assessments illegal.
- Defended claim brought by subcontractor for breach of contract against general contractor. Result: an award by arbitrator of American Arbitration Association.
- Successfully defended corporation in real estate litigation resulting in withdrawal of lawsuit.
- Represented purchaser of 17,000± acres of land in 2 transactions requiring resolution of difficult survey, public way and title matters.
- Represented purchaser of property involving proposed 400 unit development in acquisition and financing requiring resolution of difficult land use permit issues.
- Verdict from Board of Tax and Land Appeals in land taking case - in excess of State's final offer.
- Represented successful applicant in series of Planning Board hearings over 1 year, obtaining permits for 40 acre, 250 foot deep quarry with rock crushing plant involving blasting, vibration, dust, and traffic.
- Successfully defended Real Estate brokers on misrepresentation, consumer protection, and fraud claim.
- Successful appeal of adverse decision of Board of Tax Land Appeals to NH Supreme Court concerning tax abatements for multiple property owners.
- Successful court decision involving breach of commercial case.
- Obtain variances for commercial restaurant and retail uses in office industrial zones.
- Obtained callers order that town's amendments to zoning ordinance was illegal, thereby restoring client's zoning to industrial.